About Tesol Latam
TESOL Latam (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages in Latin America) was created aiming to be the biggest English teachers’ network in Latin America. It is an academic network to share ideas, best practices, knowledge and research, addressing our context and our Latin-American learners and teachers’ needs TESOL Latam is the site where you will be able to:
- Join a community of practice
- Find and share resources especially designed for Latin-American students
- Talk about your best practices, ideas, thoughts and reflections about English teaching and learning
- Discuss with teachers around Latin America to implement joint activities
- Find job opportunities
- Find peers to write and publish articles or to start joint research projects
- Find tips, recommendations and suggestions
We recognize education as an essential factor in professional success and the key for our countrie’s development. In 2015 the Universidad La Sabana created TESOL Colombia, and organized the first TESOL event. From that moment we realized that there was a need for connecting Latin American English teachers to exchange ideas, propose research work, create new material and grow professionally.
TESOL Latam was born because our Latin American countries are facing almost the same problems and are seeking better results in learners’ English proficiency and teachers’ professional development. Our goals will be easier to achieve by sharing, comparing, discussing and learning from people who face the same kind of challenges. TESOL Latam wants to promote collaboration and communication to make the region stronger in TESOL, joining efforts and holding hands throughout the continent. We invite you to immerse yourself in this educational community and become a leader in teaching English.
There is no cost for becoming a member of this community. Join us and take advantage of this collaborative environment.